Here's a collection of tips to help you get the most out of Outschool and to be a good member of the community.
- Fully read descriptions of any classes you enroll in, and ask the teacher if you have any questions or concerns. You can reach the teacher through the "ask a question" button on the class listing page.
- Message the teacher before enrolling if you have questions or if you wish to enroll a student outside the listed age range.
- Understand that teachers use schedule request to help plan their classes, but may not respond to requests individually.
- Keep communication on Outschool.
- Enroll each participating student individually. Read more about enrolling multiple learners in the same class.
Preparing for Class
- Subscribe to your 'enrolled classes' calendar to easily see your learner schedules in your calendar app.
- Test a live meeting with Zoom before the class begins.
- Provide an appropriate place for your learner to join the class, including a quiet location and background that is not disruptive to the class or other learners.
- Make sure that any required materials are ready before class starts. Your teacher will let you know in the classroom if your learner needs to bring anything to class.
- Be on time. Put your class on your calendar and check your calendar. Provide advance notice if you’ll miss class. You are not entitled to a refund if you miss class.
- Provide appropriate monitoring for your learner: don’t let them disrupt class for other students.
Working with teachers
- Be kind and respectful in communication.
- Let teachers know in advance if there are particular ways that they can help your learner be successful in class.
- Reviews: Give thoughtful, honest, constructive feedback.
- Keep communication online. In order for Outschool to help resolve issues and ensure quality, it's important to keep your communication with Outschool teachers within the Outschool platform.
Working with Outschool
- Go to the teacher first with any issues. Come to Outschool if teacher doesn’t resolve the issue.
- Share questions, ideas, and constructive criticism
If you have suggestions to add to this list, please share them with us!