Woohoo! You've enrolled your learner in their first-ever Outschool class!
To set them up for the best possible first class experience, follow these 5 simple steps:
1. Watch this 2-minute video
2. Download Zoom
You will need to install an app called Zoom (link below). Your learner will use Zoom to connect to the live class on Outschool. Downloading the app is super easy and takes about 10 seconds. You don’t need to set up a personal Zoom account to access Outschool classes, so you can stop when you get to the sign-up screen.
Click here to download Zoom.
3. Watch This Quick Zoom Tutorial
Learn basic Zoom controls to help your learner connect with their teacher at Outschool.
4. Test Zoom
Join a test meeting with your learner to make sure Zoom is working properly on your device.
Click here to test Zoom.
Have your learner practice the following:
- Turn off / turn on microphone
- Turn off / turn on video
- Click the 'Participants' button and use the 'raise hand' button
- Click the 'Chat' button and type 'hello!' into the chat box
Five Minutes Before Class Starts…
5. Go to the classroom
- Log in at Outschool.com (make sure you're logged in using the parent's email address associated with their Outschool account).
- Click "schedule" in the upper right
- Click on the class title
- Select the "classroom" tab
- Click the big green button that says "join live meeting"
If you see a message that says "Please wait for the host to start the meeting" - be patient! Your teacher will arrive soon!
That's it! You're ready to start learning! 🎉
If you experience tech issues...
Note: Outschool teachers will do their best to assist you if you experience tech issues during class, but remember - their primary focus is on creating an excellent learning experience for all learners, so their ability to troubleshoot with individual families is limited.
For general questions about Outschool, email email@example.com. We're here to help!