Outschool is an open community of learners, parents and teachers. We are connected by technology and united by a desire to help children love learning. All our classes are offered by independent teachers, who determine the content and format of their own classes.
While our open community is our greatest source of strength, it also brings challenges. Here are some guidelines that we ask our members to observe. Outschool members who do not meet these guidelines will be removed from the site.
Teacher Code of Conduct
- Offer classes only where you have appropriate background or expertise.
- Teach classes professionally: be prepared, begin on-time, and treat all learners with respect. Do not teach while impaired by alcohol or drugs, and do not model any behavior that a student age 18 or younger is restricted from doing.
- Respond promptly to parent questions and requests.
- Communicate with parents and learners in a professional manner, both in messages and in-class.
- Adhere to our class content policy by only offering secular, objective, age-appropriate classes
Parent Code of Conduct
- Ask questions of teachers to clarify any missing details about classes
- Show up for your class; many classes depend on group conversation, and the absence of a single student can have a big impact
- Provide constructive feedback about your class experience, for the benefit of the teacher and other parents.
- Engage in civil conversation, and speak and act with respect for different opinions.
Learner Code of Conduct
- Join class on time and be ready to learn.
- Dress in a manner appropriate for class to help create a safe and comfortable environment for all learners and the teacher.
- Treat the teacher and your classmates with respect.
- Take responsibility for making each class a great learning experience for yourself and your classmates: participate, stay on topic, and avoid distractions.
Outschool Code of Conduct
- We welcome members from all backgrounds, beliefs, and locations.
- We will listen to feedback from parents, teachers, and learners, and make changes accordingly.
- We will create and enforce policies to create a high quality, trusted, and safe community for learning. This may include removing content or users from the platform.
- We will respond promptly to questions and issues that arise.
Finally, we ask that all members assume the best intentions in others. When something goes wrong, whether it's a technical glitch, an email without a response, or something else, we ask that you share feedback in a constructive way.