We are excited to welcome qualified new individuals to the Outschool community of teachers!
Outschool does not require formal teaching credentials. We believe that many adults can offer rewarding classes based on their experience and interests. We do have several requirements. Teachers need to meet these standards to become and to remain a teacher on Outschool.
- Base your classes around one or more expertise or passion.
- Meet our community standards, including prompt, professional communication with parents and the Outschool team.
- Observe our class content policy, including the policy that Outschool classes are secular and objective.
- Maintain a reliable and fast Internet connection (over 3Mbps upload and download).
- Possess technical know-how to effectively run online classes.
- Maintain a good command of written and spoken English.
- Verify your identity and run criminal background check.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Reside full-time in any of the 50 United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, England, or Wales (note that other UK countries do not apply at this time)
Becoming a teacher
Here are the steps to getting approved to teach.
Sign up to teach on Outschool and follow the steps to submit an application. You will need to tell us about yourself and record a short, introductory video. Be sure to give us detailed information about your teaching experience, your expertise in the topics you would like to teach, and what you will bring to the platform!
If your application meets our standards, we will ask you to start a background check. These are free, secure, private and are performed by a company called Checkr that specializes in background checks. Once your background check completes, your request to teach will be approved.
Get Started! Publish classes and section
Once you are approved to teach, we will invite you to schedule an optional one-on-one welcome call with an existing Outschool teacher to help you get started.
You will now be able to:
- Create class listings and schedule sections.
- Submit your classes for review
- Teach learners from around the world!