Outschool provides a home page for each class that occurs on Outschool - we call this the Outschool classroom. It's a place for learners and teachers to interact during the class.
How it works
The classroom is for class announcements and discussions.
- Each section of a class has its own classroom page, which is accessible to everyone enrolled in that section
- Teachers can create new posts, and learners are notified of new posts
- Learners can add comments to posts, and teachers are notified of new comments
- Teachers and learners both have the ability to attach files and record videos through classroom posts or comments.
- There is always a default first post welcoming students to the classroom
- If multiple learners are enrolled by one parent, then the user identifies herself as one of the learners in order to enter the classroom
In addition, the classroom provides a link to join video chats in zoom.
Guidelines on use
The classroom is public to all enrolled learners. Posts and comments should be relevant to the whole class. For private messaging with a parent, you should send a message instead.
Accessing the classroom
The classroom is linked from each section - click the 'Classroom' button at the top of your section page.
Add a new post to make an announcement, start a discussion, or share resources. You can attach files or videos to each post.