We've seen that many Outschool teachers invite their friends to join the Outschool community.
As a thank you and to promote more signups from qualified teachers, we offer a teacher referral program that rewards teachers for spreading the word about Outschool to their teacher friends.
Broad outline of the program
Once the referred teacher earns their first $100, the referring person will receive a $200 payment from Outschool. The payment is cash, not Outschool credit. You'll be notified by email when you are eligible for the reward. To refer someone, follow this link.
How we track referrals
Whenever you use the 'share' button on an Outschool class, forward an email, or copy-paste a URL to a friend, we include your personal referral code. You can obtain your personal referral link at outschool.com/invite. When someone clicks on a link you've shared, we’ll use your unique code to attribute their signup to you.
This information is stored in our database and powers the referral program. We can only provide credit for referrals tracked in our database and cannot provide credit for word-of-mouth referrals. You can check the status of your referrals by visiting outschool.com/invite. At the bottom of that page, you’ll see information on the credits that you’ve received and whether they’ve been redeemed. If you have any questions about your referrals, please contact us at email@example.com.
Terms and conditions
Referral credits only apply to certain teacher signups. Here’s a list of conditions.
A referred teacher is someone who signs up to Outschool in response to an invitation or shared link from an existing user. To be eligible for the teacher referral program, a referred teacher must:
- Sign up on or after June 21st, 2019
- Have a single Outschool account
- Be attributed in our database to another referring user
Please remember that you must click on your referring teacher’s referral link and create your Outschool account directly from that link for us to properly credit your account. We are unable to connect your account to a referral after the fact if this did not work properly at time of signup.
Qualifying for the reward
- The $200 payment will be sent by PayPal after the referred teacher earns their first $100. Outschool will cover the standard 2.9% for sending payments via PayPal, but will not cover the 1% instant transfer fee that results from linking a debit card. See this article from PayPal’s support center for more information.
- Outschool has unilateral discretion as to whether it grants the referral fee to the existing user. In determining whether to grant the referral fee, Outschool considers whether the existing user is in good standing on the Outschool platform, which includes but is not limited to a review of whether the existing user has violated Outschool's terms of service, community standards, or teacher guide, and whether the user was removed from the Outschool platform for violating any such terms or policies.
- Referral incentives will be only paid to the person whose link the new teacher used to create their Outschool profile. If you did not sign up through another teacher's share link, we cannot honor the credit. We are unable to change this for any reason, including mentoring. New teachers are welcome to work with any existing teachers from our community to get started, but this will not have bearing on a mentor’s referral incentive status.
- Teachers are not qualified for the referral fee if referring another account under their ownership.