It's important to us that everyone has a positive experience learning with Outschool. All Outschool classes are backed by our Happiness Guarantee, which allows parents to receive refunds outside a class’s listed refund policy.
The following situations guarantee parents a full refund, regardless of class-specific refund policies. Please contact us at https://outschool.com/help if you need additional help with a refund for any of these reasons:
- Parents receive a full refund if they withdraw from a class or stop their ongoing class subscription within 24 hours of purchasing a class of any type.
- A full refund is also provided if a parent stops their ongoing class subscription within 24 hours of auto-renewal. Note that the 24-hour refund window only applies until the class’s start time, at which point the class-specific refund policy will apply.
- Parents receive a full refund if the teacher cancels in advance of the class’s first meeting time.
- In the event that a teacher misses a one-time class meeting, parents may request a full refund, or wait for the teacher to reschedule the class.
- In the event that a teacher changes the date or time of a class meeting before the class’s start date, parents may request a full refund.
The following situations guarantee parents a prorated refund based on the number of live meetings in your class’s section. These policies apply outside of class-specific refund policies and should go through our Support Team at outschool.com/help:
- If part of a class is rescheduled, you will receive, upon request, a prorated refund based on the number of meetings that were rescheduled and that you did not attend.
- If the teacher doesn’t teach the number of meetings listed, you will receive a prorated refund upon request.
- If the teacher cancels a class in progress, you will receive a prorated refund based on the percentage of meetings you paid for that were canceled.
- If your learner misses a class meeting, you are not entitled to a refund. If you miss 3 consecutive class meetings without communicating with the teacher, you forfeit the class fee and the teacher may cancel the class. Your teacher may, however, transfer your learner to another available section, or provide a class recording, at their discretion.
- If your learner has not joined the meeting 10 minutes after the class’s start time, the meeting may be cancelled, at the teacher’s discretion. This is considered a missed meeting and you are not entitled to a refund.
- Teachers may transfer you to another section of the same class with your consent.
Note that in the rare case a parent requests an excessive number of refunds, they may be disqualified from receiving future refunds.