Outschool supports several refund policies. The refund policy is visible when you enroll, and depends on the type of class and the refund policy specified by the teacher.
These terms apply to all purchases:
- You can cancel and receive a full refund within 24 hours of purchase, until the class begins.
- If the teacher cancels a class in advance, you will receive a full refund.
- If the teacher misses a one-time class, you will receive a full refund upon request.
- If the start time of a class is rescheduled, you will receive a full refund upon request.
- If part of a class is rescheduled, you will receive, upon request, a pro-rated refund based on the number of meetings that were rescheduled and that you did not attend.
- If the teacher doesn’t teach the number of meetings promised, you will receive a pro-rated refund upon request.
- If the teacher cancels a class in progress, you will receive a pro-rated refund based on the percentage of meetings you paid for that were canceled.
- If you miss a class, you are not entitled to a refund. If you miss 3 consecutive classes without communicating with the teacher, you forfeit the class fee and the teacher may cancel the class. Learners, however, may be transferred to other available sections at the teacher’s discretion, and a recording may be available.
- If your learners have not joined the meeting 10 minutes after the start time, the meeting may be cancelled, at the teacher’s discretion. This is considered a missed meeting and you are not entitled to a refund.
- Teachers may transfer you to another section of the same class with your consent.
- Teachers may provide larger refunds or credits at their discretion.
In addition, each purchase has a refund policy that defines automatic refunds if you choose to withdraw.
Flexible - Full refund until the class begins, then a pro-rated refund based on the number of class meetings that have occurred. All flexible schedule classes use this policy.
Moderate - Full refund within 24 hours of purchase or up to a week in advance of the class, then a 75% refund within the first week of the class.
Limited - Full refund within 24 hours of purchase or up to a week in advance of the class.
If you transfer into a class section and then withdraw, the timing of the refund policy (as mentioned above) will apply based on the start time of the earliest class section you enrolled in, as opposed to the final class section you were transferred into.
You will be charged weekly for the next week. You can stop future charges at any time. Refunds for past charges are at the teacher's discretion.
It's important to us that everyone has a positive experience learning with Outschool. If any issues arise, you should first try to resolve them directly with the teacher. If you're not satisfied with the resolution offered by the teacher, let us know and we'll find a way to make it right.
Read more about Special Billing Situations outside our standard policies.