Sometimes we will restrict a teacher’s activity on Outschool or remove them entirely. That is an unusual outcome, and we try our best to avoid it. Over the history of Outschool, we have removed a small number of teachers from the site. We understand that even the best teachers will get bad reviews, miss an occasional class, or have a parent complain about them. In moderation, none of those are concerning.
We may restrict or remove teachers when we see high levels of these behaviors:
- Missing class
- When a class is missed, failing to follow up and reschedule with parents
- Starting class more than 5 minutes late or ending class more than 5 minutes early
- Not responding to messages from parents who are enrolled with the teacher
- Deceiving, or trying to deceive, parents or Outschool
- Parent complaints about the teacher’s behavior
- Failure to send back a payment
- Other violations of our community standards
When we have concerns about a teacher’s activity on Outschool, we share them with the teacher. In most cases teachers will be warned or restricted prior to removal. The exception is in the case of egregious breaches of trust or safety or extreme quality concerns.
Additionally, to help ensure parents see relevant content, we unlist classes if they appear inactive. A class will be unlisted if there are no active or future sections and no new sections have been created in the past 12 months. This is one situation in which teachers may return to the site after being unlisted. If you have been unlisted solely due to inactivity, simply submit your classes for approval again.