Outschool displays all times across the website in your local time zone. This includes class times, schedule request times, and Classroom post times, among others. We determine your time zone from your device settings.
Your device settings will usually pick up the right time zone without any action needed from you, but you can always visit https://whatismytimezone.com to check that this is set correctly.
If the time zone displayed is not correct please change the timezone of your device. For example:
If you’ll be in another time zone for an upcoming class, you can override your device’s time zone to use a specific region’s time on Outschool from your account settings.
Click outside the text field to save your changes. Outschool will now display all times in PST based on the Oakland, CA, USA entry.
Outschool accounts for daylight saving time (DST) when displaying times. You will not need to make any changes to your account to accommodate this time change.
If you or your teacher are located outside North America, please confirm your class time in advance by communicating via the classroom. Check your Schedule tab for a full list of meeting times displayed correctly in your timezone. If you believe that you’re seeing the wrong times on Outschool, please use the help button in the upper right corner of the site or write to email@example.com.
Changes should not affect any upcoming or in-progress classes if your location observes daylight saving time. For example, if you are currently enrolled in a class that meets at 6pm on Tuesdays, the class will still proceed each week at 6pm.
Major daylight saving time changes for 2020 - 2021
The United States and Canada
- Clocks turn back one hour on Sunday, November 1, 2020 for the majority of the US and Canada, ending DST.
- Clocks turn forward one hour on Sunday, March 14, 2021, beginning DST.
Europe and the United Kingdom
- Clocks turn back one hour on Sunday, October 25, 2020 for the majority of Europe and the UK, ending DST.
- Clocks turn forward one hour on Sunday, March 28, 2021, beginning DST.
- Clocks turned forward one hour on Sunday, October 4, 2020, beginning DST for the majority of Australia.
- Clocks turn backward one hour on Sunday, April 4, 2021, ending DST.
- Clocks turned forward one hour on Sunday, September 27, 2020, beginning DST for New Zealand.
- Clocks turn back one hour on Sunday, April 4, 2021, ending DST for New Zealand.
Please check your local time zone if your area is not covered here. You can read more about DST across the globe here.